Port Douglas has everything you need for a great escape
Port Douglas is part country town, part village and part exclusive tourist resort in the tropical far north of Queensland, Australia.
Port Douglas really has everything you need for a great escape:
- Pristine beaches and tropical rainforests
- Beautiful fauna and flora
- Scuba diving
- Hot air ballooning
- River rafting
- Horse riding
The Great Barrier Reef - one of the natural wonders of the world
The Great Barrier Reef is one of the seven wonders of the natural world.
The Great Barrier Reef offers stunning marine life, perfect for snorkelling or scuba diving. The tropical views offer native fauna and flora as well as heritage rainforest.
The Great Barrier Reef attractions include:
- The world’s largest collection of more than 400 different kinds of corals
- Coral sponges, molluscs, rays
- Dolphins and over 1,500 species of tropical fish
- More than 200 types of birds
- Around 20 types of reptiles including sea turtles and giant clams over 120 years old
Award-winning restaurants, galleries and boutique shopping
Port Douglas is the culinary gem of Queensland. Wine and dine amongst over 60 restaurants and cafes. Shop at specialty shopping boutiques or the seaside markets every Sunday morning. Enjoy a diverse range of art, from Indigenous to modern pieces, at Port Douglas' renowned art galleries.
Port Douglas has something for everyone:
- Award-winning restaurants
- Boutique shopping
- Iconic pubs
- Alfresco cocktail lounge bars